Dave Newton hosts a video conversation with special guests to help you navigate through the ethical issues of the coronavirus vaccine.
As the coronavirus vaccines are distributed across the UK, there are signs of hope that they are the beginning of the end of the COVID-19 pandemic. However, there have been some interesting questions raised around the coronavirus vaccine:
- How is each vaccine made, tested and approved?
- How do we know the vaccine is safe?
- Is it morally permissible as a Christian to receive the vaccine?
- How do we know who to trust amidst all the information out there?
To help you navigate your way through the ethical issues of the coronavirus vaccine, Dave Newton, Director of Training for Elim, hosts a live video conversation and asks some of these critical questions. During this special discussion, the panel looks at the vaccine from a medical, theological, pastoral and personal perspective.
Joining Dave for this live event are special guests:
- Prof Chris Shaw – Specialist in Drug Discovery in Pharmacy, Biotechnology and Peptide Biochemistry in Medicine
- Debbie Duncan – Respiratory Nurse Specialist and Lecturer at Queen’s University, Belfast
- Rev Dr Simo Frestadius – Theologian, Regents Theological College
- Rev Malcolm Duncan – Elim Pastor and Public Theologian
- Dr Kofi Obuobie – Consultant Physician and vaccine recipient