All Nations Christian Centre is a church family of over 200 people located on Berkeley Avenue in Coley Park, Reading, representing more than 30 different nationalities, gathering to worship together each week. We are a truly multi-cultural church with a pentecostal ethos – find out more about us here!
Our mission statement explains as a church “we exist to glorify God, to serve one another and to extend His Kingdom”. In other words we are “reaching up and reaching out”.
As a church there are certain core values which we adhere to. We are committed to:
- Worshipping God.
- Actively seeking God through prayer.
- Proclaiming God’s Word.
- Pursuing Christ-likeness and serving one-another.
- Reaching the lost.
- Leading everyone into a growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Our principle aim is to follow Jesus Christ and progressively become like Him, both individually and collectively. Our utmost desire is to know Him and make Him known.
From the above values, we want to become a community of people that:
- Is passionately committed to God characterised by love and service amongst its members.
- Places a high value on honesty and meaningful, loving relationships.
- Reaches out to the lost through the preaching of the gospel accompanied by manifestations of God’s power and through practical acts of service in the community.
- Is committed to equipping each member to live for Christ and to serve Him through the use of the gifts that the Holy Spirit has given.
All Nations Christian Centre is part of the Elim Pentecostal movement. The Reading Elim Church was established in 1928 following a campaign by the founder of the Elim Pentecostal church, George Jeffreys. The church had its first premises in Waylen Street and was opened on the 15th April 1933.
In 1987, the church moved to its current location on Berkeley Avenue in Coley Park. The site was extended in 1990 to provide modern facilities for all ages. The main hall was modernized to serve as a multipurpose hall for church services and other events. In 2018 work was completed on a new annex to support our growing children & youth work and to serve the community.
Please explore our website for more information and feel free to contact us if you need further information.