This year we are again supporting Operation Christmas Child, a project of the international Christian relief organisation, Samaritan’s Purse, to make a difference in the lives of children. This Christmas project takes empty shoeboxes and turns them into tangible expressions of God’s love by inviting people to fill them with fun toys, school supplies and hygiene items. These gifts will be delivered to children overseas this Christmas.
Watch this video to see what it’s all about:
Every box gives a boy or girl a tangible expression of God’s love and the opportunity to hear the Good News of Jesus Christ. God uses these simple gifts and the Gospel booklet that accompanies them to bring entire families to faith. As a result, churches start and communities are changed.
This year you can pack a shoebox gift with Operation Christmas Child in two ways:
- Pick up a pre-printed flatpack box at church or get a standard-sized shoebox and wrap it in colourful paper.
- Take one of the “How to Pack a Shoebox” leaflets or download and print a copy at home by clicking this link.
- Cut out the label from the leaflet and attach to your filled shoebox.
- Pack full with fun toys, hygiene items, and school supplies, suitable for the age and gender of the child you choose. For ideas of what can, and details of what cannot go in your box, please click this link.
- Include a personal note and photo and pray for the child who will receive it.
- Drop your completed shoebox at church, along with a £5 project donation.
If you would prefer not to pack your own shoebox, you can now pack a shoebox online for £20, which includes £5 of project costs. Customise your box by selecting which gifts to include and let Samaritan’s Purse pack and send them for you. You can even type a message to the child who will receive your box and upload a photograph to send! To pack a shoebox online, please visit: shoeboxonline.samaritans-purse.org.uk